Immerse yourself in Cuban culture through activities and events that get you up close and personal to all that this country has to offer. This island nation, with its Spanish colonial architecture and cobblestone streets filled with classic American cars, appears to have been frozen in time.
The relationships I have developed in Cuba over the years will allow you to go beyond the traditional tourist destinations, and into the homes and studios of Cuba’s leading artists. Experience Cuba through the eyes of a local as you go on photo walks with Cuban photographers.
We will be based in Old Havana (UNESCO World Heritage Site), where the splendors of the city are right outside your doorstep. We will also travel outside of Havana to explore the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Trinidad and Sancti Spiritus.
- Small group tour limited to 13 people
- Meet with the country’s leading artists
- Photo walks with Cuban photographers
- Visit to a music recording studio
- Tour the National Art School
- Private Cuban jazz concert
- Visit the Cuban National Ballet School
- Architectural tours
- Visit an organic farm
- Guided tour of a Cuban cigar factory
- Visit to Cuba’s photography museum, the Fototeca de Cuba
- Enjoy the local cuisine at some of Cuba’s best privately owned restaurants (paladares)
- Rum tasting at Cuba’s famous Sloppy Joe’s Bar
- Stay in Havana’s historic center
- Excursion to Trinidad/Sancti Spiritus
- Round trip flight: Miami/Havana/Miami
- 4 and 5 star double room accommodations (single supplement available)
- 2 meals per day (excluding arrival and departure days)
- Travel visa and related documents required for legal travel to Cuba
- Health insurance (mandated by the Cuban government)
- Preparatory reading and orientation materials
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure days
- English speaking guide/translator
- Private air-conditioned motor coach
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome cocktail and one bottle of water daily
- Admissions, honoraria and fees to all program activities
- Flights to and from Miami
- Expenses of a purely personal nature.
- Room service charges.
- Gratuities to the bellboys and waiters, and your guide and driver
- Transportation of luggage in excess of weight allowance.
- Cuban airport tax $25 CUCs
- Travel Insurance
- Baggage handling fees of $20 by the Charter company in Miami.
- Extra Beverages or snacks and one meal a day